Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hello there!

I would like to explain the first picture shown in this blog. That is at my brothers house, I was trying to pack. The story behind dit: I went to the garage, came back and I was talking to my brother but then realized that he wasn’t in the kitchen as I was expecting. He was actually laying there on the floor, and it was funny cause it took me a while to notice him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You got to help me out!... it’s all a blur last night!.... viva la vida, all sorts of songs, from Cold play and Jason Mraz to Juanes! Yeah Juanes! I listen to all of this at work! Well there is this cd player at work and we listen to the radio all day long, it makes the day go faster.
I have made it through the week, five days of only recrystallization at work have gone fast. I like work I really do, I try to speak german, and learn new words every day. I actually have homework to do for next week, for my german class.
Well tomorrow is Saturday and I am taking off to go to Mainz! Mainz is a larger city than Ingelheim which is where I live. Tons of vineyards in Engelheim, today after work I wondered around the city like I always do, found a disco place, and a complejo deportivo! YAY! That means I can go swimming! They have a pool, soccer field, and other things! I didn’t go in so I’m not exactly sure. Well the other day I wondered around and I found a store that since I saw it I knew I was going to be ok this summer, it was a outdoors store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The greatest thing ever, I wasn’t there for too long cause I had forgotten to sign out at work so I biked back really fast! Agh! Hahaha….
Anyways, today after I found the complejo deportivo, I came back to el whonung “flat”—apartamento, and I decided to go out and go on this bike path I had seen the other day. Well to my surprise I went on this path that was on this hill and it went through vineyards. I ended up at the Rhein!!! Yes! At the Rhein! I thought the river was father than that! I guess I did bike for about 35 min, most of it was downhill. It was amazing!!!! I sat by the river on this bench and watched the sunset, it was quite late! Like 9:00pm or 9:30 by this time. There is this path that goes along the river for 51000km! yes! That long! And I biked for 2 km!!! then I decided to go back cause it was getting darker and I still needed to bike back. Well it took me a longgggg time to get back since now it was uphill and I have a fixed heavy bike! So it was forever until I got back. It was amazing though, prolly my third favorite place on my list. I felt free as I went on the 2km ride along the river. It was just the greatest feeling ever. There are some vendors along the river and of course they sell beer, wine, and brockwunst! So I will go back there on Sunday for sure. That place is awesome.
Mainz should be a good place, I’m excited to go to the Open Ohr. It is a music festival that is going through Mainz this weekend. Kind of a bummer that I get to do all of this by myself, but that is why I have a blog cause it makes me feel like I’m not alone.
Have a great day.

No comments: