Thursday, May 28, 2009

Otro dia!



















Hey there!
Como estan? How are you? Wie gets es ihnen? Ha! Funny how I used all three languages in the same day. Woke up this morning, got to work and realized I had left my breakfast on the counter back at the apartment. I always get 15 min for breakfast in the morning at work, so I usually bring cereal, not today! While sitting in the break room and trying to communicate in german, they asked where I come from, I said: “Ich komme aus El Salvador” the lady sitting next to me said: “oh tu hablas espanol entonces”! with a spanish (from spain) accent (loving the accent by the way). So she translated things back and forth with other people sitting there. Last night at the bar, I talked to the lady at the bar in german, she did not know any English. Ok ok ok, yes I was at a bar, but I did not have any alcohol, I odered appel juice combined with lemonade, it tasted good. I watched the entire game there. Biked back home, then Timmerman called me as I was biking back home and it made me want to answer it! But I didn’t, now I have a voicemail waiting for me to hear, which makes me happy cause I can’t wait to listen to it! Haha…
Well yesterday was a late night for me, I got in bed by 11:00pm! I was in bed by 9:30pm the night before, but my brother called me at 9:45pm.
Work is going well, crystallization processes every day. I have my own hood with really expensive equipment, so my hood is worth about $10,000, I better not break anything there. I have my own lab coat, it is white and not blue like at Vi-Chem two summers ago. I like it here, I miss my friends A LOT though, cause I wish I could talk to them and hang out with them. I miss you all a lot.
Have a good day.


ps. I still don't have internet in my apartment so I can't reply to emails yet! but thanks for the great emails... I will get to them soon, I'm sitting out on the street to get free wireless and it's about to rain!... :(

No comments: