Friday, June 5, 2009

The bench/ La banca!

IT is a Friday night and I could be sleeping cause it is 11:45pm, but instead I decided to come to “the bench” as I have named it. It is a cold night, full moon and a skype night. I am able to get one bar signal on the wireless in this bench , in front of the train station/some restaurants. I am here cause I wanted to talk to my family, I talk to them once a week now and I miss them a lot.
The other night I had the weirdest dream ever, I dreamed I was eating pupusas and café con pan dulce at home! I could smell the food! I did not go to bed hungry at all! But for some reason pupusas sounded awesome before I went to bed and then I had that dream! I miss El Salvador more than ever, I miss my “room”, the one my sister has taken over. I miss my parents and high school friends.
Life is good here in Germany, two weeks have gone faster than I expected and work is going well. Pure Ochem every day, my clothes smelling like drugs… and having cool goggles! Haha. For some reason it has cooled down since I got here, every morning I wear a jacket and now I am wearing my Calvin College sweater and the jacket over it, I am still cold.
People walk by and look at this Salvadorean talking to her computer! Haha I get the weirdest looks ever! But I don’t care, talking to my mom, sister and gramma and Sarah is way awesome then getting strange looks! Hahahaha
I do not know exactly what I am doing this weekend, Mainz would prolly be it again, it is museum night so I think it will be ok to go again and check out all of those museums! Guttemberg’s museum is here in Mainz and now I will actually have the chance to go in.
I do not want to make this post longer so I will let you all go, but have a great weekend.

No comments: