Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend in Bremen

I wrote this a week ago...

This past weekend I visited the other two interns from Calvin and the guys who are doing the Engr. 202 summer program up in Bremen.

I had a great time, Katrina met me at the train station then we proceeded to go to the teerhof where the 202 summer program guys are staying. We finally got into the building, after Katrina’s attempts of trying to hit the windows with small rocks.

We visited the place where Eric and Chris (The other two interns from Calvin in Germany) are living this summer. For dinner, we went out to get a dönner, while sitting we decided we wanted to go up to the North Sea go to the dunes and the mudflats and walk to the island. Well we thought the last train was leaving at 11:00pm, it was 10:00pm already. We hurried up, walked back to the teerhof, got everything packed up for an all nighter and a beautiful sunset at the beach. These sweet plans got destroyed once we realized that the last train had left at 9:30om and not 11:30pm as we thought. It was a really sad moment for a lot of people, since we were all ready to go.

The summer program guys were sweet and let us use a mattress they had, there was a couch downstairs in the lobby so Katrina and I slept in the lobby of the place. We woke up at 6:00am to go up to the North sea, Eric and Chris met us at the train station and here we were all ready to go, this time we were for reals going.

We all had a great time at the beach, we walked on the mudflats, found a lot of crabs and took pictures. Then it was time to leave and head back to Ingelheim. After a 6.5 hour train ride I was back in my apartment. I had been craving gummies, because I had finished a 1Kg on Thursday, it turns out that Carsten who actually stayed in my apartment until Sunday (I was gone all weekend) had left two bags of gummies on the counter for me as a present for letting him stay at my place. It was a great feeling.










No comments: