Saturday, July 4, 2009

The weekend with the engaged couple, pics from Berlin






I will not be mentioning anything related to the story behind the engagement yet, because I want everyone to hear this story from Mike and Michelle first. Michelle will be back on Monday and Mike is already back so give him a call or wait for Michelle to get back so that you hear the crazy, awesome story about their engagement, here in Germany by the Rhine river. I have all the story written down, but I will post it in about 2-3 weeks so be ready to read about it.
The following describes the weekend with Michelle and Mike, after we had stopped in Bingen (So after the proposal)

The weekend was full of adventures, we walked around Bingen took a train to Berlin, spent the night in Berlin. Sunday, we went on a tour around Berlin, then took a train to Munich, spent the night in Munich, Monday we went on a tour around Munich then on our way back to Ingelheim, we stopped in Mainz, and spent the night in my apartment.

A lot of things happened during the weekend, but one more thing I really need to mention is about our train from Köln to Berlin. Our Köln train was delayed and we had about 30 seconds to get to the other train at the station in Koln. While Mike was looking through one of the windows I was looking through the other one. Michelle was keeping track of the time.
Mike: “I see the station”, Diane: “I don’t see anything yet, Michelle how much time we got?” The only reason of why I was so nervous was because this was the last train of the day from Koln going to Berlin. Having a hostel booked in Berlin, was making us all nervous about being in this delayed train. The train stopped, we had just a few seconds to run from platform 3 to platform 2, fortunately right next to each other!
I tried to open the door but I didn’t get it far enough, so I had to finagle my way out of the train. Then I bolted across the platform, a mere 10 feet, while Michelle and Mike followed. It turns out the train was ridiculously close and as we burst into the new train a 50 year old men was laughing at us. We proceeded to then sit on first class and get kicked out.

We got to see pretty much everything in Berlin, the Brandenburger gate, Checkpoint Charlie, TV tower, Hitler’s bunker, Jewish memorial and a lot more than that. Katrina came to Berlin and she brought along, of course, the Rick Steve book and read to me some of the history about the TV tower and others! The guy on the tour said the exact same joke about the tv tower so we concluded that he also
has Rick’s book. It was nice to see this friend once again (three weekends in a row! Is quite impressive)

The night in Berlin was nice, the hostel room (Wombats hostel) was really nice. The room had 6 beds but only one was taken when we got there. Jenni (our roommate) came in the room at midnight, she was from Germany and was spending 4 nights in Berlin. Her accent was funny, she said she would come back at around 4:00am but that she would be really quite and make tiny little steps so that we wouldn’t wake up. She never came back!.. Ohhh Jenni! Haha….

Sunday night, we made it to Munich and of couse the Hofbrauhause was in the schedule for that night. We asked people how to get there, we got there 45 minutes before closing time (11:15pm) I will let this night to your imagination! JK!I need to tell you what happened in this place! Well Mike ordered his beer, they sell litters of beer! So Mike ordered one. Michelle and I hate beer but we were sitting on the world’s most famous beer hall, so we ordered one litter and shared it, we also ordered dessert because we had not eaten much during the day. The dessert saved our lives, the smell of beer was making me sick, but we needed to drink that litter in 30 min! well we started this long journey, Mike finished that thing quick, and he was mocking us.
Zip, a bite of dessert, zip, a bite of dessert… until we had about 1/5 of it left… here I took another zip and quickly covered my mouth with my hands, why?! Everything was about to come back out from my mouth! I held it and took another bite of the dessert! Same thing happened twice! Michelle’s story was the same! We did not want to drink it anymore but we only had about 1/10 of it left by now! And Mike said: “so you want me to finish your beer, when you have that much?” Michelle and I looked at each other, we were so tempted to say “yes” but instead we said “no”! We proceeded to finish it! The waitress was hurrying us up because she needed to clean the plates and the table. WE FINALLY FINISHED THE ONE LITTER!!! WE LICKED THE DESSERTS PLATES!! Oh man, I promise no more beer ever again in my life, I really do not understand how people can drink beer!! ………I only drank that one because I was with Michelle and Mike. I was ok after it, we walked back to the S-bahn station and looked for the hostel, we found it and went to bed after g-chatting with Amanda and Lerae (2:45am)

There were 10 people in this hostel room (Munich 4 you), bunked beds and two beds in the middle, these two beds were just perfect for Michelle and I, right next to each other and right in the middle of the room. Mike slept on a noisy bunk bed! Haha.
We saw Munich, took pictures, went on a tour, and decided we were super tired and needed to go back to Ingelheim, took a train and left. Stopped in Mainz walked around a bit, then made our way to my apartment. We were exhausted, I wanted to cry from walking, Michelle had 7 blisters on her feet! Walking back at 11:30pm and thinking I had to get up early for work on Tuesday (I had taken Monday off) was not sounding good at all.

Mike left on Tuesday morning, Michelle and I went to Bacharach on Tuesday afternoon after work and we had a ton of fun. We went up to a castle and took pictures and ate a döner by the Rhine, so good.
Woke up at 4:15am on Wednesday to help Michelle out with the packing, since she was leaving at 5:06am from the train station. She took black hill 782 (my bike) to the train station and then I walked to work, it was a super hot, humid morning. I got to work and all I wanted to do was sleep, I vacuumed the acidic and non acidic crystals and put them in the oven. Then started writing reports since for some reason I was behind!

I am sitting on the couch missing Michelle and Mike and wishing they were here! But I am looking forward for the weekend, Switzerland will be it. I get to see Michelle once again in a different country, I get to laugh and joke around with her once again! Oh and see her beautiful, awesome ring one more time!

This pics are from Berlin

No comments: