Friday, August 7, 2009

Last day of work!

Time flew by, I am now on my last day of work, anxiously waiting for 4:56pm... because that means that it will be 4:56 on the 07.08.09 (They write the day first here in Germany!)So yeah it will be 456789!!!!! hahaha... ok I am done..

Anyways, today is a sad day because I do not think I am done here. I will truly miss this place, I will miss the mountains, the Rhine river, black hill 782, my apartment, Rewe (The store), people at work, my hood, the weekend trips, german lesson (and the awesome teacher Oliver), the best sunsets ever from the window in my apartment, the random friends I made on my trips, the real European soccer games, the smell of my project!! I will miss too much of this place, I got too attached to this way of living that now, I do not want to leave.

Germany is a wonderful country, I had a great summer and I could not have asked for more. I went to two banks this morning to close the accounts, then I returned my bike, then the apartment keys... I went to like 4 different places to do all of this, and I spoke German in all of them! (Oliver you should be proud of me!)

My boss picked up my luggage from my apartment this morning. He is letting me store it at his place for a week, since I leave for Italy today and will be back in week.

I am indeed really sad and it will break my heart to say goodbye to all these people at work, after I closed the apartment door I felt like I was closing another door of a place that once I called home. I know I was here for only 2.5 months but I loved every single minute of it, this place had become home.

On the other hand, excitement has not hit me yet. I leave for Italy today and I get to see three friends. (Katrina, Andre and Casta)Casta is a friend from Highschool from back home!!!!!! I am really excited to meet with her at the airport in Bergamo tonight.

I will prolly update this blog in Italy but nothing is for sure, since I do not know how the internet situation will be.

Thank you for following my adventures!!!
Hasta pronto!

Why would I not miss this place?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shogrambyou miss the rhine, we miss Diane!!!
jajaja mas te vale responder esto xD

D. Stephanie Holton said...

I still miss Germany!!! nina loca! veni visitame mejor!