Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mike proposed!!!!! the story!

Saturday, June 27th Train ride from Koln to Berlin.

When sitting on train ICE 655… going to Berlin
AHHHHHHH what an exciting day, best day I have had in uhmmm… A LONG TIME!
I have pulled the best prank I have ever pulled, I did not come up with it, but I want to thank Mike for letting me be part of this master piece.… I really do not think a prank will ever get better than this!
I am sitting behind Mike Slager and Michelle deMaagd who will soon become Michelle Slager now!

How did everything start? Yeah that is exactly the question that goes through my mind right now…
Monday (Not even a week ago), I go to work, there is this email on my inbox saying: I need your help!!! From Mike!... I figured it had to do something with Michelle since she was coming for a visit! Then I figured he was coming to propose!!!!!! I ALMOST FELL OUT MY CHAIR AT WORK! I have not been able to get a good night of sleep all week! Why!? I was way too excited!!!! Way too excited for Michelle and Mike! And everything!....

Mike planned everything, I helped. He came up with ideas, he thought of places and I took trains to go check them out and took pictures! Bingen was the place… Beautiful city, by the Rhine, with a castle and just everything. We scheduled rides (the plans I had with Michelle got a bit pushed back so that we would meet Mike in Bingen on Saturday morning and not leave for Berlin early Saturday morning as I had planned earlier).
Michelle was a bit confused when I said we were not getting up early to go to Berlin but instead we would sleep in, then go to Mainz then Bingen…

Michelle arrived in Mainz on Friday, June 26th at 20:55, I could not wait for her to get all the way to Ingelheim so I went to Mainz to meet her there. Mike was arriving on Saturday and meeting us in Bingen. We were just hoping trains wouldn’t be delayed or something like that.

Mike was supposed to stop in Mainz and take a train to Bingen. I got nervous and started thinking we were going to see Mike in Mainz so I went outside the train station and I tried to play the: “Michelle let’s go out and check what the train schedule says online..” There was supposed to be a train leaving from platform 3a/b but I did not want to take that one, because according to the plan, Mike was gonna get off on that platform! … Michelle REALLY wanted to stand on 3 a/b and wait for that train! I didn’t know what to do.
Well we ended up on gate 11, we got on the train with Michelle we were now going from Mainz to Bingen. The whole time I was hoping Mike would be in Bingen already waiting for us, I sat by the window and started looking around in case I would see Mike walking towards the train!
Guess what!? I see Mike walking towards the train!!!!! I had a panic attack! Michelle was about to see him too! So I stood up and said: Michelle come here hurry up! LOOK! And I was pointing the opposite direction from where Mike was; I didn’t even know what to point at! I said Yeah there is this cool mall that way and ahhh! I was shaking! My face was for sure going from purple to blue to green (I thought: Michelle will think I am soo stupid after pointing at this building and not being able to see anything).
I could see Mike on the glass reflection while I was pointing to the buildings; I thought Michelle was for sure going to see him! (Michelle adds: Diane was pointing at a GRAY WALL. There was absolutely nothing there for me to see!)
Fortunately Mike got in the train one door farther down from where we were. We sat down again and I let Michelle take the window seat. I said: “I have to go to the bathroom”. I went and poked Mike from behind the seat! Here we were sitting, on the same train going to Bingen!!!! Mike on one end, Michelle and I on the other end of the train! I was literally shaking!

Got off the train and I saw Mike heading towards the river as we had agreed. He was quick at thinking about this one, he got off the train as fast as he could and I walked slowly with Michelle so that she would not see him. We headed towards the city with Michelle. About 30 minutes later we started walking towards the river with Michelle. (Another Michelle note: Diane told me to “work my legs” and walk faster so that we can take pictures of the river without rain. Now, we had just gotten done taking pictures from the great view with it raining, so I was a bit confused.) Mike was sitting on a bench with a Newspaper I saw him from far away and we stood right in front of him cause Michelle wanted to get a picture of the nice view. I told Michelle: “Wait for me here, let me go ask someone when we can cross in the ferry” I left Michelle there, by the Rhine river taking the picture!
It was time for Mike to take over the plan!

I sat on a bench by the river thinking: How did we do this in 4 days!? How!? Mike told me on Monday, by Wednesday I had booked hostels in Berlin and Munich. I had printed out train rides, maps and flights from Mike and Michelle. There was no way this could have worked out better than it did! NO WAY!
--riding the same train, making sure Michelle wouldn’t see Mike, working out schedules and everything--
I stayed up really late every night during the week, thinking about Friday (Michelle arriving) and Saturday (Mike proposing). I was soooo EXCITED all week long! I had promised Mike not to tell anyone about this so I didn’t but at work people could just see it on my face, hear it on my voice. I am sure people on the street thought I was under drugs… I just couldn’t contain myself from thinking I was about to help out in the biggest most perfect plan I have ever heard.

I wait for Mike and Michelle at the bench by the river, this is when Mike is proposing…

Mike and Michelle come back and Mike tells me: “Guess what Michelle said 5 min ago?” She said: “we have to go find Diane, she was going to go ask a question to this guy…”
We walked along the river for a while, we laughed, told our stories and the major planning we did in less than one week. Michelle had no idea about any of this!
Mike had gotten up at 1:45am on Wednesday so that we could talk! He was just soo awesome about planning all of this.
I must say that I do not think I could pull this off with another person but Mike. I give him all the credit, cause he thought of this crazy idea and was always really quick at thinking when it was needed.
Planning an international prank I guess I could call, is hard! And working everything out can get stressful and nerve-racking, but I loved EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT! –except for when I saw Mike coming towards the train and I pulled that crazy story making a fool of myself; I knew Michelle would understand that I am not going crazy after all.

This past week (22nd-27th of June) added 10 years to life, all the planning, not sleeping well, not being able to concentrate on things, waking up every night thinking that I am late because I have to go pick up Michelle at the train station when it is only 4:00am is when you realize you are way too excited about someone, coming up with stories out of nowhere, convincing Michelle about not wanting to stand on gate 3 a/b! Way too crazy of a week.
Nothing could have worked better, NOTHING. We literally prayed to God to stop the rain, I was praying all the way from Mainz to Bingen. Mike was paying as he was sitting on the bench in the park by the river while holding a soaking wet newspaper while this guy was laughing at him.
God stopped the rain, we had a wonderful day, and we laughed sooo hard all the way to Berlin, Munich and back to Ingelheim.


No comments: